How to apply liquid fertilizer spray
Liquid Fertilizer Spray. Those organic or inorganic water soluble fertilizer in liquid form, which needs to be sprayed on the leaves of the plant are called as liquid fertilizer spray. As a manufacturer of Liquid fertilizer spray, we get many of inquiries about what is the benefit of using organic liquid fertilizer, how to apply and how much to use. The application rate of Liquid fertilizer varies depending on the product, the way most liquid fertilizer spray is to be applied is common for all products. Having said that, there are 3 common ways to apply liquid fertilizer spray products;
1. hose-end applicators
2. ready to use
3. irrigation system (example: drip irrigation system)
Liquid Spray is the most common and efficient way to increase crop yield and improve plant health. Many international publication has shown that Liquid Fertilizer Spray feeding can increase yields from 12% – 25% when compared to conventional feeding or soil fertilization.
Field test conducted in different locations, under different soil and environment conditions have reflected that when Liquid Spray as foliar spray applied, more than 90% of the fertilizer is utilized by plants. However, when a similar amount is applied to the soil, only 10% of it actually gets used.
Most spraying can be done weekly once in every weeks for best results. If you are fertilizing daily, use a week solution. Daily organic liquid fertilizer feed is generally not necessary unless you are growing commercially and want a very quick result. Periodic feedings are best for most home or kitchen growers.
The effectiveness of Liquid Fertilizer Spray is determined by;
1. Condition of the leaf surface, more specifically, the waxy cuticle. The plant cuticle is only partially permeable to water and helps in dissolving nutrients and as a result it can restrict nutrient uptake.
2. The time the nutrients remains dissolved in the solution on the leaf’s surface
3. The movement of Liquid Spray elements from a high concentration to a low concentration. Diffusion.
4. Organic liquid fertilizer sprays are mostly water soluble and generally work better when used as foliar feed as it is easily absorbed by the plant through the leaves.