We are leading manufacturer , suppliers and exporters of Vermi compost in Kolkata, India. Vermicompost which is also known as earthworm compost is mainly used for reclamation of soil and to enrich soil with essential nutrients which gets depleted over time.
Using vermicompost as mulch, in the soil or as potting media is beneficial in many ways.
- Vermicompost contains macro and micronutrients often absent in synthetic fertilizers.
- Compost releases nutrients slowly—over months or years, unlike synthetic fertilizers
- Vermicompost enriched soil retains fertilizers better. Less fertilizer runs off to pollute waterways.
- Vermicompost buffers the soil, neutralizing both acid & alkaline soils, bringing pH levels to the optimum range for nutrient availability to plants.
- Vermicompost helps bind clusters of soil particles, called aggregates, which give good soil structure. Such soil is full of tiny air channels & pores that hold air, moisture and nutrients.
Compost helps sandy soil keep water and nutrients.
- Compost loosens tightly bound particles in clay or silt soil so roots can spread, water drain & air penetrate.
- Compost alters soil structure, making it less likely to erode, and prevents soil spattering on plants—spreading disease.
- Compost can hold nutrients tight enough to prevent them from washing out, but loosely enough so plants can take them up as needed.
- Compost brings and feeds diverse life in the soil. These bacteria, fungi, insects, worms and more support healthy plant growth.
Compost bacteria break down organics into plant available nutrients. Some bacteria convert nitrogen from the air into a plant available nutrient.
- Compost enriched soil have lots of beneficial insects, worms and other organisms that burrow through soil keeping it well aerated.
- Compost may suppress diseases and harmful pests that could overrun poor, lifeless soil.
- Compost makes any soil easier to work.
- Healthy soil is an important factor in protecting our waters. Compost increases soil’s ability to keep water & decreases runoff. Runoff pollutes water by carrying soil, fertilizers and pesticides to nearby streams.
Vermicompost encourages healthy root systems, which decrease runoff
- Vermicompostcan cut or cut use of synthetic fertilizers
- Vermicompostcan reduce chemical pesticides since it has beneficial microorganisms that may protect plants from diseases and pests.
- Only a 5% increase in organic material quadruples soils water holding capacity.